Intra Hoof-fit Gel is the first non-antibiotic medicine for Digital Dermatitis in Canada. An extensive clinical trial shows that the gel is 1.58x more effective than common other antibiotic treatments. A European trial on 172 cows shows a 92% cure rate for painful ulcerative stage (M2) lesions of bovine digital dermatitis (BDD). In addition, a Canadian trial involving 50 cows resulted in a near 100% cure rate of M2 lesions.
Health organizations are displaying much concern regarding possible antimicrobial resistance and the development of a ‘super-bug’ in humans. It’s time to make the switch to antibiotic-free management: it works, we promise!
[bctt tweet=”I work antibiotic free when I treat DD and am having great success! http://bit.ly/2wWDWiI #AllAboutHooves” username=”DiamondHoofCare”]
- Box of 24 x 330 mL jars
- Box of 12 x 330 mL jars (veterinarians only)
- Box of 6 x 330 mL jars (veterinarians only)
NOTE: the 12 and 6 jar options are currently only available for veterinarians. Your order may not be processed if you are a hoof trimmer ordering one of these sizes.
TIP: click on one of the sizes above to quickly add that particular size to your shopping cart!
- Individual treatment of digital dermatitis
- Contains no antibiotics, so consequently there is no possibility of antibiotic resistance from this product
- Strong adhesion to the hoof for best coverage
- Safe for the user and the environment
- No milk nor meat withdrawal times
- Activated Copper and Zinc chelate
Also check out our Intra-Flex Bandages. These bandages are an effective aid in hoof health management, and are recommended for use with Hoof-fit Gel.
Directions for use
- Trim the claws 2 to 3 times per year. All the animals should preferably be trimmed by a professional trimmer.
- Clean the claw thoroughly. Make sure that any manure present is removed from the claw and from the interdigital space. Dry the claw.
- Apply Hoof-fit Gel to the claw and the interdigital space using the included brush.
- We advise you to use wraps. Make sure that a wrap, such as our Intra Tape, is removed within 3-4 days.
- If necessary, apply a thin layer of Hoof-fit Gel without a wrap on days 3 and 7.
The Hoof-fit Gel product flyer is available as a PDF download.