Intra Hoof-fit Gel is the first non-antibiotic medicine for Digital Dermatitis in Canada. An extensive clinical trial has shown that the gel is 1.58x more effective than commonly used antibiotic treatments. A European trial on 172 cows showed a 92% cure rate for painful ulcerative stage (M2) lesions of bovine digital dermatitis (BDD). A Canadian trial involving 50 cows showed a near 100% cure rate of M2 lesions.
Much concern is shown by health organizations in regards to possible antimicrobial resistance and the development of a ‘super-bug’ in humans. It’s time to make the switch to antibiotic-free management: it works, we promise!
Available Sizes of Hoof-fit Gel:
- Box of 24 x 330 mL jars
- Box of 12 x 330 mL jars
- Box of 6 x 330 mL jars
- Individual jar x 330 mL
Are you a veterinarian or hoof trimmer? CLICK HERE to order.
- Individual treatment of digital dermatitis
- Contains no antibiotics and there no possible resistance build-up
- Strong adhesion to the hoof for best coverage
- Safe for the user and environment
- No milk nor meat withdrawal times
- Activated Copper and Zinc chelate
Also, check out our Intra-Flex Bandages: they are an effective aid in hoof health management and are recommended for use with Hoof-fit Gel.
Directions for Use:
- Trim the claws 2 to 3 times per year. All the animals should preferably be trimmed by a professional trimmer.
- Clean the claw thoroughly. Make sure that any manure present is removed from the claw and from the inter-digital space. Dry the claw.
- Apply Hoof-fit Gel to the claw and the inter-digital space using the brush provided.
- We advise you to use wraps. Make sure that a wrap, such as our Intra Tape, is removed within 3-4 days.
- If necessary, apply a thin layer of Gel without a wrap on days 3 and 7.