$232.50 – $906.00
Intra Hoof-fit Gel is the ONLY non-antibiotic topical medication to treat digital dermatitis.
Intra Hoof-fit Gel is the first and only non-antibiotic topical medication for digital dermatitis treatment in Canada (DIN 02441284).
An extensive clinical trial shows that the gel is 1.58x more effective than conventional other antibiotic treatments. European research on 172 cows shows a 92% cure rate for painful ulcerative stage (M2) lesions of bovine digital dermatitis (BDD). Also, a Canadian trial involving 50 cows resulted in a near 100% cure rate of M2 lesions. Health organizations are displaying much concern regarding possible antimicrobial resistance and the development of a 'super-bug' in humans. It’s time to make the switch to antibiotic-free management: Hoof-fit Gel works, we promise!
NOTE: you can only order a box of 24 and/or 6 jars through our online store. If you are looking to order a single jar, please order through one of our distributors. If you are unable to find a local distributor, please contact us or call us directly at +1-800-617-8908.
Benefits of Hoof-fit Gel
Hoof-fit Gel is a proven treatment for digital dermatitis — you can read more about it in this article.
Hoof-fit Gel was engineered to meet the highest standards:
- Individual digital dermatitis treatment
- Contains no antibiotics, so consequently, there is no possibility of antibiotic resistance from this product
- Strong adhesion to the hoof for the best coverage
- Safe for the user and the environment
- No milk nor meat withdrawal times
- Activated copper and zinc chelate
Check out our Intra Tape Bandages - an effective aid in hoof health management and are recommended for use with Intra Hoof-fit Gel.
Directions for use
You should have a hoof care protocol in place for effective digital dermatitis treatment and prevention. You can read more about our proven protocol in this article.
Here are some other pointers:
- Trim the claws 2 to 3 times per year. All the animals should preferably be trimmed by a professional trimmer.
- Clean the claw thoroughly with a towel (do not use water). Make sure that any manure present is removed from the claw and from the interdigital space.
- Apply Intra Hoof-fit Gel to the claw and the interdigital space using the included brush.
- We advise you to use wraps. Make sure that a wrap, such as our Intra Tape, is removed within 3-4 days.
- If necessary, apply a thin layer of Intra Hoof-fit Gel without a wrap on days 3 and 7.
The Intra Hoof-fit Gel product flyer is available as a PDF download.