Intra Hoof-fit Gel is the first non-antibiotic medicine for Digital Dermatitis in Canada (DIN 02441284). An extensive clinical trial shows that the gel is 1.58x more effective than common other antibiotic treatments. A European trial on 172 cows shows a 92% cure rate for painful ulcerative stage (M2) lesions of bovine digital dermatitis (BDD). In addition, a Canadian trial involving 50 cows resulted in a near 100% cure rate of M2 lesions. Health organizations are displaying much concern regarding possible antimicrobial resistance and the development of a ‘super-bug’ in humans. It’s time to make the switch to antibiotic-free management: Hoof-fit Gel works, we promise!
NOTE: you can only order a box of 24 and/or 6 jars through our online store. If you are looking to order the 12 and/or 1 jar variations, please order through one of our distributors. If you are unable to find a local distributor, please contact us or call us directly at +1-800-617-8908.
Are you a professional hoof trimmer or veterinarian? Please visit our professional store to order.
Benefits of Hoof-fit Gel
- Individual treatment of digital dermatitis
- Contains no antibiotics, so consequently, there is no possibility of antibiotic resistance from this product
- Strong adhesion to the hoof for best coverage
- Safe for the user and the environment
- No milk nor meat withdrawal times
- Activated copper and zinc chelate
Also check out our Intra Tape Bandages. These bandages are an effective aid in hoof health management and are recommended for use with Intra Hoof-fit Gel.
Directions for use
- Trim the claws 2 to 3 times per year. All the animals should preferably be trimmed by a professional trimmer.
- Clean the claw thoroughly with a towel (do not use water). Make sure that any manure present is removed from the claw and from the interdigital space.
- Apply Intra Hoof-fit Gel to the claw and the interdigital space using the included brush.
- We advise you to use wraps. Make sure that a wrap, such as our Intra Tape, is removed within 3-4 days.
- If necessary, apply a thin layer of Intra Hoof-fit Gel without a wrap on days 3 and 7.
The Intra Hoof-fit Gel product flyer is available as a PDF download.